Friday, May 7, 2010

Snowplowing on the CR&TN

The first snow that I was able to take advantage of occurred on the morning of November 2, 2004.  Awaking to the first snow of the year at my usual 0500, I grabbed the camera and rushed out to record the event.  I could not wait for the sun to join in, because the weather report indicated that the snow would not hang around, long.  As I recall, the temperature was 34 degrees F, as I headed out the door.

Plowing that morning was supervised by that old hand, Inigo Montoya, the cat.  In the consist were Great Northern 410, an SD-45 from Aristocraft, and Great Northern 702, a GP-9 from USA Trains.



Plowing across the plain at Plain, WA.  I was really surprised at how efficient this consist really was.  Of course, 5 pounds of gravel ballast in the plow did not interfere.




The bridge at Nason Creek.












A job well done, and "Now it's Miller Time."

No comments:

Post a Comment